Kenya SW HSM
- Jul 21 2017 - Jul 29 2017
- Kisumu, KE
- Southeast Christian
This trip is for Southwest Campus HSM students only.
This team will have the opportunity to continue to build the partnership between the Southeast and the Kisumu community thru our SCC Missions Parter, Life in Abundance. The team will serve alongside the local church in various activities such as working with youth and children, cleaning up in the community, home visits, evangelism, construction projects and more.
Life In Abundance's transformational development approach requires community ownership and long-term solutions. LIA partners with the local church and community leadership to determine communities’ most significant needs and then trains, supports and works alongside the local church to meet those needs well into the future.
For more information, feel free to contact:
SW HSM & Trip Leader | Aaron Troutman | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502- 614-1519
Missions Contact | Kelly Miles | email@example.com | 502-253-8154
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $3,200.00 due 7/17/2017
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,600.00||5/8/2017|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$3,200.00||7/17/2017|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip.||@ the Loft||Feb 26 2017 4:00 PM - 5:15 PM EST||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||TBD||Jun 23 2017 5:00 PM - Jun 24 2017 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Fundraising Guide||Please read. The Trip Leader will discuss at the 1st Team Meeting.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||2/26/2017||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||2/26/2017||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||2/26/2017||Required|
|Minor Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (under 18)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||2/26/2017||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Minor (Ages 9-17) | Background Check||2/26/2017||Required|
|Parent-Guardian Auth Ltr for Airline Travel (under 18)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. If you do not have a passport yet, you can leave that information blank and the notary will still notarize the form.||2/26/2017||Required|
|Medical Care Power of Attorney (under 18)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. The trip dates may include a few extra days before and after the actual trip dates to allow for possible change in travel.||2/26/2017||Required|
|LIA Release (All Trip Particpants)||Print, complete 4 pages and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||2/26/2017||Required|
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Visa - Kenya requires a visa for entry. The Missions Staff will obtain the visas. Additional instructions will be provided later. Your passport will need to be submitted. Thus, please plan accordingly if you have other international travel plans before this trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- This trip is for SCC Southwest Campus High School students only.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.