Jamaica 920 HSM
- Apr 2 2017 - Apr 8 2017
- Newport-Manchester, JM
- Southeast Christian
This trip is for high school students who have completed the HSM mission trip essay and been invited to participate in this trip. Participation in student mission trips is overseen by each campus student ministry.
The Jamaica High School team will come alongside a partner community in Jamaica to participate in sports, which could include soccer, basketball, and volleyball for the purpose of positive community impact and evangelism. The team will also partner with LIA’s partner church in evangelism and home visits.
Life In Abundance International (LIA), a Southeast Missions Partner, is an African-founded, faith-based community development organization that exists to mobilize the local church to restore health, renew hope and inspire lasting transformation for Africa’s most vulnerable families. LIA works in more than 30 communities in 10 countries throughout Africa and the Caribbean.
LIA’s transformational development approach requires community ownership and long-term solutions. LIA partners with local church and community leadership to determine communities’ most significant needs and then trains, supports and works alongside the local church to meet those needs well into the future.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Trip Leader | Cambron Rich | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-253-8502
920 HSM | Brad McMahan | email@example.com | 502-253-8504
Missions Contact | Kelly Miles | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-253-8154
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $1,700.00 due 3/23/2017
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$850.00||1/17/2017|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$1,700.00||3/23/2017|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||The Block | Foundation Room | 2nd Floor||Dec 4 2016 12:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc.||TBD||Feb 10 2017 5:00 PM - Feb 11 2017 12:00 PM EST||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be given a copy of this to sign at a later date.|
|Fundraising Guide||Please read. The Trip Leader will discuss at the 1st Team Meeting.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Minor Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (under 18)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Minor (Ages 9-17) | Background Check||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Medical Care Power of Attorney (Minor)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. The trip dates may include a few extra days before and after the actual trip dates to allow for possible change in travel.||11/25/2016||Required|
|Parent-Guardian Auth Ltr for Airline Travel (under 18)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. If you do not have a passport yet, you can leave that information blank and the notary will still notarize the form.||11/25/2016||Required|
|LIA Release||Print, complete 4 pages and return to Southeast Missions.||11/25/2016||Required|
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- This trip is only for those students who have completed the HSM mission trip essay and have been initially approved.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.