Cookson Hills Fall Jamboree
All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
A group from Southeast will be partnering with Cookson Hills, a ranch-like residential facility for at-risk children and teens. Our team will help host and take part in a Fall Jamboree. This event serves as a strengthening and bonding experience for the Cookson families and is a great way to love and build confidence in each student through teamwork and healthy competition. This is a great opportunity for men and women who have a desire to serve, encourage and help build confidence in students who have had a difficult life.
Serve Cookson Hills by:
- Providing a fun, exciting and encouraging event
- Providing an opportunity for the staff and students to bond
- Developing healthy relationships with students with the purpose of sharing Christ in a fresh new way
Please remember the students of Cookson Hills have come from troubled backgrounds. All team members will be required to complete a background assessment and online Ministry Safe Training prior to leaving for this trip.
Please send completed forms to:
Southeast Christian Church
ATTN: Crystal Terry
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
email: [email protected]
|$50.00||Non-refundable deposit at time of application|
|$250.00||1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip. Due 9/14/2018|
|$500.00||Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip. Due 10/19/2018|
Aug 2 2018
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Mandatory 1st Team Meeting Required
Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.
Sep 29 2018
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM EDT
Mandatory Retreat Required
This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 3-4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.
Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures
SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant
Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.
Adult Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older) Required
Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.
Adult (Ages 18 & up) - Confidential Volunteer Application 2018 Required
If you currently do not have an approved volunteer application on file with SCC, please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.
If you would like to complete this form online, please contact the Missions Staff representative on the Trip Description page.
Cookson Hills Release Form Required
Please sign and return to your trip leader or to Crystal Terry at:
920 Blankenbaker Pkwy.
Louisville, KY 40243
- Complete online application and $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Turn in all required forms by the deadline.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 12 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit all required forms by the application deadline.