Sweden Sports & Fitness
- Jul 18 2019 - Jul 28 2019
- Southeast Christian
Please note :
- All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the Missions Ministry for pricing information if you are over age 75.
1 Timothy 4:8 - "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come."
A low percentage of the Swedish population are evangelical Christians. Southeast Christian Church partners with a ministry in Sweden called Sport for Life, a ministry that uses summer camps that focus on sports and fitness as a tool to draw people to a relationship with Christ.
This team will be assisting Southeast Missions Partner, Sport for Life with a sports and fitness camp. The team will lead a variety of fitness classes for adults who bring their families to the summer camps. Classes could include strength, aerobics, boot camp, etc. The team will also provide support for several sports camps for the children. These sports camps help teach basketball, volleyball, soccer, and floorball (indoor field hockey) skills. Sports and fitness are wonderful ways to draw people closer to Christ.
Similar to the bible verse above, having the ability to lead/participate in the physical activity is of some value, but having a heart for God and serving others has value for all things. This could be the trip for you.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Trip Leader | Team Leader | Uzoma Inyama | email@example.com
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $2,300.00 due 6/14/2019
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,150.00||4/8/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$2,300.00||6/14/2019|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||TBD||TBD||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||TBD||TBD||Yes|
|Southeast Mission Trip FAQ||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||3/12/2019||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||3/12/2019||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact Beth Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org on the Missions Staff and an electronic version of the form will be sent to you.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to Beth Johnson Missions Staff, as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, including passport copy, by deadline. | See Forms tab.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip. If a visa is required, your passport must have available visa pages.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. | See Forms tab
- Attend ALL Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the missions department for pricing information if you are over age 75.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.
8 spots left
12 days left
Mar 5 2019
1:00 PM EST