Sweden Golf Camp
Please note :
- All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the Missions Ministry for pricing information if you are over age 75.
The team will serve alongside, SCC Missions Partner, Sport for Life.
This summer, Sport for Life Golf camp celebrates its 18th year in Sweden. Kids between ages 12-18 will join us from all over the country. The camp will be held in Vesteras, just west of Stockholm at Surahammars Golfclub (www.Surahammarsgk.org). The camp is a combination of day campers and overnight campers. The day campers are invited to come to join us for any of our evening activities. We stay in the youth center of the local partner, Lifecenter Church (www.lifecenter.se). The days are split between golf instruction/drills and playing. Lunch is served at the course. Evenings are filled with recreation time and meetings. We have a nightly meeting, much like a camp here, where we have games, skits, etc. to promote fellowship and friendship building. That is followed by worship, devotions and some of us sharing our stories with the kids. The participants are usually around 50/50 already Christian or not.
Sweden is a country where only about 2% of the population profess a relationship with Christ and this week may be the only time of the year where those kids who are already Christian might be in a situation where they are in the majority and can relax and really explore their faith in that kind of setting. Over the past 7 years, we have focused on providing much more of a discipleship tract for those kids, to go along with the evangelistic piece.
We are looking for people with a combination of a love of golf, a love of kids and most of all a love for Christ. We do conduct training and practice sessions and drills. You do not have to be a golf professional but should be comfortable in assisting someone running a drill or practice session. Potential participants should know that there are no carts in Sweden and there is a lot of walking involved.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Team Leader | John "Smitty" Smith | [email protected]
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
|$100.00||Non-refundable deposit at time of application|
|$1,400.00||1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip. Due 4/8/2019|
|$2,800.00||Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip. Due 6/14/2019|
Mandatory 1st Team Meeting Required
Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.
Mandatory Retreat Required
This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.
Southeast Mission Trip FAQ
SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant
Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.
Valid Passport | 2 Copies Required
Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older) Required
Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.
Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check Required
All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact Beth Johnson [email protected] on the Missions Staff and an electronic version of the form will be sent to you.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to Beth Johnson Missions Staff, as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork, including passport copy, by deadline. | See Forms tab.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip. If a visa is required, your passport must have available visa pages.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. | See Forms tab
- Attend ALL Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the missions department for pricing information if you are over age 75.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.