Southwest Men's Serve Trip - Appalachia
- May 16 2019 - May 18 2019
- Appalachia Area, KY
- Southeast Christian
All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation. They will also need to complete or have on file a Volunteer Application and Ministry Safe Training. Other forms are required and will be available at the end of this application.
A team of men from our Southwest Campus will spend May 16-18 serving the Appalachia Region. They will join with Crossroads Mission, a Southeast-supported mission partner, for 3 days of service and worship in Prestonsburg, Kentucky. This is a great opportunity for the Southwest members to gain first-hand experience serving various churches, ministries and families.
- Basic remodeling and/or construction skills a plus but not required.
- Males - Ages 18 or older.
- Fundraising available via online, check or cash.
- Offer a spirit-focused, service-oriented, team-building experience
- Serve alongside the churches, their ministry partners and families in the community
- Bond with fellow church members as you share the common goal of spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ through service
Trip Leader | John Mackey | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502.718.2966
Missions Contact | Crystal Terry | CTerry@secc.org | 502-253-8006
Please give all of your completed paperwork to one of your Team Leaders OR send to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$75.00||3/8/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$75.00||4/28/2019|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip.||Southwest Campus - Classroom||Feb 17 2019 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM EST||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||Southwest Campus - Classroom (dinner included)||Apr 28 2019 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Southeast Mission Trip FAQ||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this form electronically. Please contact Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org.
If you are unable to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete , and return your form to Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible.
|Crossroads Form D (age 18 & over)||Please complete and return this original form to Crystal Terry on the Missions Staff, along with notarization and a copy of your medical insurance card.||Required|
|Crossroads Form E||Please complete and return to Crystal Terry on the Missions Staff.||Required|
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork by application deadline. | See Forms tab.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. | See Forms tab
- Attend ALL Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- This trip is for men ages 18 and older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit all required paperwork by the application deadline.