Scotland General Serve
- Jul 5 2019 - Jul 13 2019
- Scotland, GB
- Southeast Christian
Please note :
- All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the Missions Ministry for pricing information if you are over age 75.
This high energy adult team will serve within several ministries each day with Southeast Missions partner, 20Schemes (20schemes.com) by working alongside one of the 20schemes church plants in Gracemount. You will be immersed into the culture of the community through many projects. Projects will include children & youth activities as well as some church activities.. This will be a small team of no more than 6 people who are humble, teachable and keen to serve. During your time in Scotland you will get an opportunity to hear and experience the community development model of 20schemes.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Trip Leader | Paul Sheeran | [email protected]
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Attn: Beth Johnson
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,500.00||4/22/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$3,000.00||6/28/2019|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||TBD||TBD||Yes|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||
I would like to schedule our first team meeting. This will give all of us an opportunity to meet other team members, get an overview of the trip, review the team handbook, discuss fundraising and begin/continue praying for the trip and 20 Schemes.
See meeting date, time and location below, let me know as soon as possible if you have a conflict. Here are some reminders:
Trip Dates: Friday 7/5/19 - Saturday 7/13/19
Trip Cost: $3,000
1/2 Trip Cost Due: Monday 4/22/19 (day after Easter)
Final Trip Cost Due: Friday 6/28/19 (one week before the trip)
We will have a mandatory team retreat. We'll discuss dates and location options during our meeting. Note, it will likely be in May and include a Friday night (overnight) and Saturday morning.
Call or text with any questions. I look forward to meeting.
|Southeast Blankenbaker Campus Room: TBD (I will text or email the room number next week)||Mar 24 2019 2:30 PM - 4:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||If you currently do not have an approved volunteer application on file with SCC, please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.
If you would like to complete this form online, please contact the Missions Staff representative on the Trip Description page.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the missions department for pricing information if you are over age 75.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.