Men's Renovation Trip - Alton, Illinois
- Mar 14 2019 - Mar 17 2019
- Alton, IL
- Southeast Christian
A team of men from Southeast will be joining together to complete much-needed projects at Post Commons, a Southeast partner in Alton, IL. Post Commons is a ministry that functions as a coffee house, all-day brunch kitchen and event space. Their mission is to reclaim and redeem abandoned spaces while fostering encouragement and community. Projects will include: framing rooms, electrical work (running switches/plugs), hanging lighting fixtures, and other renovations as needed. If you have a special skill and/or experience in renovation and electrical work, we would love to have you join our team. Although special skills are requested, some unskilled labor is needed as well.
- Offer a spirit-focused, service-oriented experience
- Complete much-needed work projects
- Encourage the Post Commons staff and neighborhood
Trip Leader | Jon Weiner | JWeiner@secc.org | 502.523.2976
Missions Contact | Crystal Terry | CTerry@secc.org | 502-253-8006
Please give all of your completed paperwork to Jon Weiner OR send to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$150.00||3/6/2019|
|Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of Post Commons and the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. Please bring outstanding forms to the meeting.||Blankenbaker Atrium Living Room 202||Feb 21 2019 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM EST||Yes|
|Southeast Mission Trip FAQ||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this form electronically. Please contact Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org.
If you are unable to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete , and return your form to Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork by application deadline, Feb. 10 | See Forms tab.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. | See Forms tab
- Attend ALL Team Meetings.
- This trip is for men ages 18 and older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Skilled labor requested. Trip involves manual labor and probable cold temperatures.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit all required paperwork by the application deadline.