Lagrange Men's Renovation Trip - The Samaritan Women
- Jun 2 2019 - Jun 8 2019
- Baltimore, MD
- Southeast Christian
A team of volunteers from our Lagrange Campus will be joining together to complete much-needed projects at The Samaritan Women, a Southeast partner in Baltimore, Maryland. TSW is a residential facility that rescues women from the sex trafficking industry. Projects will include: renovating an office facility into a residence including carpentry, dry-walling, plumbing, electrical, painting;resetting windows, and making other repairs as needed. If you have a special skill and/or experience in remodeling, we would love for you to consider this trip. Although special skills are requested, some unskilled labor is needed as well.
- Completing much-needed work projects
- Encouraging the TSW staff as they serve those trapped in trafficking
The residents at TSW have come from broken backgrounds. All team members will be required to complete a background assessment in addition to online Ministry Safe Training prior to leaving for this trip. Before applying for this trip, please consider the following aspects:
- Skilled labor requested; some unskilled labor welcome
- Trip involves manual labor and possible hot temperatures
For more information, feel free to contact:
Trip Leader | Mike Berry | MBerry@secc.org | 502.807.2622
Missions Contact | Crystal Terry | CTerry@secc.org | 502-253-8006
Please send completed forms to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $50.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$50.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$375.00||4/19/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$375.00||5/11/2019|
|1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||Lagrange Campus, Next Step Room||Apr 4 2019 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||Lagrange Campus - Next Step Room (dinner included)||May 1 2019 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Southeast Mission Trip FAQ||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years. you may already have this on file.||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this form electronically. Please contact Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org.
If you are unable to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete , and return your form to Crystal Terry at CTerry@secc.org as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork by the application deadline. | See Forms tab.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. | See Forms tab
- Attend ALL Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 18 years or older. (men only)
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit all required paperwork by the application deadline.