Cuba CW HSM
- Jul 20 2017 - Jul 27 2017
- Havana, CU
- Southeast Christian
This trip is for high school students who have completed the HSM mission trip essay and been invited to participate in this trip. Participation in student mission trips is overseen by each campus student ministry.
Southeast Christian Church has partnered with a ministry in Cuba for many years. This team will serve alongside our partner thru sports opportunities, building relationships, visiting house churches, and possible service projects.
For more information, feel free to contact:
CW HSM | Brent Bramer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-873-1108
CW HSM | Anna Houze | email@example.com | 502-873-1093
Missions Contact | Kelly Miles | firstname.lastname@example.org | 502-253-8154
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Cost: $2,200.00 due 7/13/2017
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,100.00||5/1/2017|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$2,200.00||7/13/2017|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip.||in the 514 | Crestwood Campus||Jan 29 2017 1:30 PM EST||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is MANDATORY for all trip participants. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip. More details to come.||Camp Crestwood||May 12 2017 6:00 PM - May 13 2017 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Fundraising Guide||Please read. The Trip Leader will discuss at the 1st Team Meeting.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Minor Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (under 18)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Minor (Ages 9-17) | Background Check||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Parent-Guardian Auth Ltr for Airline Travel (under 18)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. If you do not have a passport yet, you can leave that information blank and the notary will still notarize the form.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Medical Care Power of Attorney (under 18)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. The trip dates may include a few extra days before and after the actual trip dates to allow for possible change in travel.||1/30/2017||Required|
|Cuba Visa Form||This form MUST BE TYPED. Please DO NOT hand write. If you do not have a passport, please leave the passport information blank at this time.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- This trip is only for those students who have completed the HSM mission trip essay and have been initially approved.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.