Croatia English Camp
- Jun 27 2019 - Jul 8 2019
- Southeast Christian
Please note :
- All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the Missions Ministry for pricing information if you are over age 75.
The mission of Josiah Venture is to be a movement of God among the youth of Central and Eastern Europe that finds its home in the local church and transforms society.
In Croatia specifically, out of 4.5 million people, less than 0.5% identify themselves as evangelical believers. The majority of those believers come from Baptist, Pentecostal and similar backgrounds. Both communist and Catholic environments have pressed the evangelical church to turn inward thus weakening its ability to lead spiritual transformation in the country.
In light of the small number of believers, Josiah Venture's primary focus in Croatia is evangelism and discipleship of youth. They partner with local evangelical churches to equip and develop young people in their faith.
Their prayer is to see the existing churches revived and new churches planted through the infusion of young believers and reproducible youth ministries. New forms of church could bridge the gap between young people disillusioned with traditional religion, yet hungry for something real and genuine in their lives.
This trip is a highly relational trip to engage with high school students in Croatia. We will be assisting with various aspects of an English camp, but the main focus is evangelism and discipleship.
SCC Missions Partner Josiah Venture | josiahventure.com
For more information, feel free to contact:
Trip Leader | Terry Jackson | email@example.com | 502-253-9159
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $100.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$100.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,400.00||4/12/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$2,800.00||6/14/2019|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline. We will also talk about our future meetings and the retreat.||Jacksons House, 9614 Seaton Brooke LN, Louisville, KY 40291||Mar 22 2019 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Croatia Hang Out||Weather permitting: Walk across the Big Four and grab come drinks/snacks/ice cream/etc.||Big Four Parking lot (Kentucky side)||Apr 26 2019 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||TBD||May 17 2019 6:30 PM - May 18 2019 8:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||3/12/2019||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||3/12/2019||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact Beth Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org on the Missions Staff and an electronic version of the form will be sent to you.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to Beth Johnson Missions Staff, as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Due to insurance company policies, the trip costs are higher for persons traveling internationally who are age 75 - 85. Please contact the missions department for pricing information if you are over age 75.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.