Cookson Hills Sports Camp
- Jul 15 2017 - Jul 19 2017
- Kansas, OK
- Southeast Christian
A team is being assembled from Southeast to work alongside Cookson Hills Christian Ministries, a ranch-like residential facility for at-risk children in Oklahoma. Our team will host a sports camp, including basketball and volleyball, for Cookson’s elementary, junior high and high school students. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has experience teaching, coaching, or playing -- an incredible way to share the love of Christ through sport.
- Providing a basketball and volleyball camp for students
- Teaching students the important aspects of the games
- Developing healthy relationships with students for the purpose of sharing Christ in a fresh new way
- Increasing the confidence and sense of importance in the students
Please remember the students of Cookson Hills have come from broken backgrounds. All team members will be required to complete a background assessment prior to leaving for this trip.
This trip is primarily for adults, however players ages 16-18 may be considered for the team if accompanied by a parent team member.
For more information, feel free to contact:
Please send completed forms to:
Southeast Christian Church
ATTN: Crystal Terry
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $50.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$50.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$250.00||6/2/2017|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$500.00||7/7/2017|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||Blankenbaker Fellowship Hall Room 109||May 18 2017 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CDT||Yes|
|2nd Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||Blankenbaker Fellowship Hall Room 109||Jun 15 2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM CDT||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc.||Blankenbaker Fellowship Hall Room 109||Jul 1 2017 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM CDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Fundraising Guide||Please read. The Trip Leader will discuss at the 1st Team Meeting.|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||If you currently do not have an approved application on file with SCC - please print, complete and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible.||Required|
|Cookson Hills Release Form||Please sign and return to your trip leader or to Crystal Terry at:
920 Blankenbaker Pkwy.
Louisville, KY 40243
- Complete online application and pay $50 non-refundable deposit.
- All required forms should be turned in by the application deadline of August 18.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all Team Meetings and Mandatory Retreat.
- Trip cost does not include your spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Participants must be 18 years or older (16 or older if accompanied by parent)
- Please remember that the students at Cookson Hills have come from broken backgrounds. All team members will be required to complete a background assessment prior to leaving for this trip.
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit all required forms by the application deadline.