Arabic Camp - Athens, Greece
- Jul 25 2019 - Aug 4 2019
- Athens, GR
- Southeast Christian
There is a brief window of opportunity to impact refugees as they flee devastation and pursue the promise of stability. People can be more open to the gospel in times of transition and instability. Through this experience you will learn how to work with Muslims in a camp setting. Character calling, competency and chemistry are just a few important gifts team members should have.
What to expect
- Opportunities to impact refugees’ lives
- Initial stages of culture shock
- Incarnational ministry - long hours, relationally intense and rewarding
- Cross-cultural communication
- Pre-field training and debrief
- Spiritual challenge and growth
For more information, feel free to contact:
Stu and Teri Sullivan 502-489-7927 or [email protected]
Please send completed forms and 2 photocopies of your passport to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $100.00
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$1,750.00||5/20/2019|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$3,500.00||7/20/2019|
|1st Team Meeting||To connect with each other over dinner and talk about our trip, fundraising and next steps.||804 Sandness Ct, Louisville, KY 40243||Apr 18 2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT||No|
|Greece Team Dinner||Discuss Week 1 of Prayer Study - Discuss Islam and Belief vs. Ritual/Practice||804 Sandness Ct, Louisville, KY 40243||May 2 2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT||No|
|Greece Team Dinner||Discuss Week 2 of Prayer Study and go to Somali Market/Restaurant||Somali Market||May 14 2019 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT||No|
|Greece Team Dinner||Discuss Week 3 and Bridges Material||804 Sandness Ct||May 28 2019 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM EDT||No|
|Retreat||This is an overnight retreat designed to learn more about each other, bond as a team and finalize all information regarding forms, destination and on-field logistics.||Hopewell House||Jun 21 2019 6:00 PM - Jun 22 2019 12:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Short-term Mission Trip Policies and Procedures||Please read.|
|SCC Mission Trip Team Covenant||Please read. You will be asked to sign a copy of this at a later date.|
|Valid Passport | 2 Copies||Please read.||8/1/2019||Required|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Print, sign and return to Southeast Missions as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years you may already have this on file.||8/1/2019||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check (18 & older)||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the MinistrySafe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact Beth Johnson [email protected] on the Missions Staff and an electronic version of the form will be sent to you.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to Beth Johnson Missions Staff, as soon as possible.
|Parent Authorization Letter for Airline Travel (Minor)||Required|
|Medical Care Power of Attorney (Minor)||This form must be notarized. The notary must use a RAISED seal when notarizing this form. The trip dates may include a few extra days before and after the actual trip dates to allow for possible change in travel.||Required|
- Complete online application.
- Two photocopies of your passport and all required forms turned in by the deadline.
- Valid Passport – the expiration date on your passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of the trip.
- Immunizations – Southeast Mission Ministry supports the recommendations of the CDC. Please consult the CDC website at cdc.gov and your family physician.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. *see Forms tab
- Attend all pre-trip team meetings.
- Trip cost does not include your passport, immunizations, spending money and food/drinks in airports.
- Must be 16 years or older with parent.
- Must be a member of Southeast for at least 1 year with at least 6 months verifiable attendance/participation.
- Be in good health (most projects require physical activity)
- Previous cross-cultural experience is highly recommended
- Discuss with your family.
- Submit 2 photocopies of your passport and all required forms by the deadline.
- Start the process for obtaining or renewing your passport as soon as possible, if you do not have one.
- Obtain immunizations and medications as advised by your doctor. Southeast Missions Ministry supports the recommendations of the Center of Disease Control www.cdc.gov/travel.