Ability Family Trip (ages 8+)
- Jul 9 2020 - Jul 12 2020
- Knoxville, TN
- Southeast Christian
All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least six months with verifiable attendance and participation. For questions regarding Southeast mission trips, please click the link below to the Q & A.
A group of families from Southeast will be joining with Ability Ministry, to help with needed service projects as well as host a family-oriented fun day. The families will spend time encouraging and building relationships with the Ability residents through fun and games in a carnival-like setting. This is an excellent opportunity to serve with your family and to set an example of missional living.
- Encourage the staff and residents
- Accomplish much-needed service projects at Ability Ministry
- Provide a day of fun for the residents
- To leave lasting impressions of Jesus through our interaction and love
- This trip is intended for families with children ages 8 and over who are looking for an opportunity to serve together.
- The residents of Ability Ministry are all high-functioning adults and are very welcoming and loving.
- All team members ages 9 and over will be required to complete a Volunteer Application and Missions Release prior to leaving for this trip (unless already completed.) Adults will also need to have completed our online Ministry Safe Training.
- Families will be responsible for their own travel.
Please upload or send completed forms to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
email: [email protected]
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $50.00
|Non-refundable deposit at time of application||$50.00|
|1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip.||$50.00||5/15/2020|
|Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip.||$50.00||6/20/2020|
|Mandatory 1st Team Meeting||Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. This meeting generally occurs within two weeks after the application deadline.||Blankenbaker Campus, Location TBD||Apr 23 2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Mandatory Retreat||This is mandatory for all trip participants and usually occurs 4 weeks prior to the trip departure date. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.||Blankenbaker Campus Location TBD (lunch included)||Jun 20 2020 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT||Yes|
|Adult Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (18 & older)||Please sign and upload this form or print, sign and return to [email protected] as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||4/23/2020||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check||All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the Ministry Safe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact [email protected] on the Missions Staff to receive the application via email.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to [email protected] as soon as possible.
|Minor Legal Release and Indemnity Agreement (under 18)||Print, sign and return to [email protected] as soon as possible. Note: If you have served on a trip in recent years, you may already have this on file.||4/23/2020||Required|
|Confidential Volunteer Application for Minor (Ages 9-17) | Background Check||All trip participants ages 9-17 must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file.
If you currently do not have an approved application on file - please print, complete and return to [email protected] as soon as possible.
- Complete online application and $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork by the deadline. See checklist for outstanding paperwork.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. You will be asked to read and sign this at your 1st Team Meeting.
- Attend ALL team meetings.
- Trip cost does not include spending money and food and drinks in airports.
- Must be 8 years or older.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Must be physically able to participate in all aspects of the trip.
- Discuss with your family.
- Upload or submit all required forms by the deadline. Original notarized forms must be returned in person or by mail.
30 spots left
125 days left
Apr 17 2020
11:59 PM EDT