2021 Cookson Hills Fall Jamboree
All trip participants must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least six months with verifiable attendance and participation. For questions regarding Southeast mission trips, please click the link below to the Q & A.
“Imagine being ten and never knowing where your parents are. When they finally come home, you wish they would leave because it only reminds you that the drugs took them away years before. You’re taking care of yourself and your two younger siblings. You’re constantly homeless, never knowing where you're going to be when the sun rises. No child should have to go through those things. Unfortunately, that was my life.”
- Sidney, Class of 2022
Located on 1000 acres at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, our team will help host and take part in a Fall Jamboree as well as immerse into their community through other activities. This event serves as a strengthening and bonding experience for the Cookson families and is a great way to love and build confidence in each student through teamwork and healthy competition. This is a great opportunity for men, women, and families with older youth to build friendships and encourage the students and the staff who have been isolated during COVID and look forward to the refreshment and enrichment the Jamboree brings.
Serve Cookson Hills by:
- Providing a fun, exciting and encouraging event
- Providing an opportunity for the staff and students to bond
- Developing healthy relationships with students with the purpose of sharing Christ in a fresh new way
Please remember the students of Cookson Hills have come from troubled backgrounds. All team members will be required to complete a background assessment and online Ministry Safe Training prior to leaving for this trip. For more information, feel free to contact:
Please upload or send completed forms to:
Southeast Christian Church
920 Blankenbaker Parkway
Louisville, KY 40243-1845
email: [email protected]
60416 Hwy 10
Kansas, OK 74347
|$50.00||Non-refundable deposit at time of application Due 8/12/2021|
|$275.00||1/2 Trip Cost | Must be received in order to purchase airline ticket/serve on the trip. Due 9/9/2021|
|$275.00||Trip Balance | Must be received in order to serve on the trip. Due 10/14/2021|
Aug 19 2021
6:00 PM - 7:30 PM EDT
1st Team Meeting Required
Meet your team. Receive an overview of the trip. Receive fundraising information. Begin praying for the trip. Please be prompt and feel free to bring dinner with you to eat in the room.
Sep 25 2021
9:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT
Mandatory Retreat Required
This is mandatory for all trip participants. You will participate in team building activities, review the team handbook, receive travel information, etc. Attendance is required in order to serve on this trip.
Confidential Volunteer Application for Adult | Background Check Required
All trip participants 18 years and older must have an approved Southeast Confidential Volunteer Application on file. This form includes a background check and completion of the Ministry Safe Online Training.
If you do not have one on file, it is preferred that you complete this electronically. Please contact [email protected] on the Missions Staff to receive the application via email.
If you are not able to complete the form electronically, please print the PDF, complete, and return your form to [email protected] as soon as possible.
Cookson Hills Adult Release Required
Please sign and return to your trip leader or to Ruth LeMaster at [email protected] or mail to:
920 Blankenbaker Pkwy.
Louisville, KY 40243
Pandemic - High Risk Legal Release Form for Adult Required
Team Covenant Required
- Complete online application and $50 non-refundable deposit.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork by the deadline. See checklist for outstanding paperwork.
- Meet all paperwork and trip cost deadlines.
- Adhere to the Team Covenant at all times. You will be asked to read and sign this at your 1st Team Meeting.
- Attend ALL team meetings.
- Trip cost does not include spending money.
- Must be 18 years or older, or no younger than 16 and only if accompanied by a parent.
- Must be an active Southeast member or attendee for at least 6 months with verifiable attendance/participation.
- Must be physically able to participate in all aspects of the trip. There may be a lot of standing or walking involved with this trip and some heavy lifting.
- Discuss with your family.
- Upload or submit all required forms by the deadline. Original notarized forms must be returned in person or by mail.